Once you have completed setting up the Kettle software for the current campaign year, you can start creating your Kettle opportunity in the Volunteer Management software so volunteers will see your opportunities online.
How to create a new Kettle opportunity in Volunteer Management.
1. Select Opportunities.
2. Select New Opportunity.
3. Select Kettle Opportunity from the Opportunity Type field and press Next.
4. Read a list of items that you need to have done in Kettle before starting the Kettle Volunteer Opportunity then press Next.
Note: If there is something missing, you can stop and go back to Kettle to do the changes.
5. Select the command, unit, default job and campaing year for this Kettle opportunity then press Next.
6. Select the locations for this opportunity then press Finish.
7. Go through all the tabs to finish setting up your opportunity.
Main Info tab:
Note: You do not have to edit this tab except for making sure the information is correct.
1. Place a check mark in the Active field.
2. Place a check mark in the Keep this oppotunity in dropdown lists, if you want this opportunity information ready for reports even when the opportunity is inactive.
Note: this item is optional.
3. Review the title for your opportunity (required field).
4. Review the time-frame, specific dates or ongoing (required field).
5. Press Save.
Contact Info tab:
It is important to have the correct name of the person that should be contacted for this opportunity.
These locations have already been imported from Kettle. You can import additional locations or remove locations as well.
Shifts come from Kettle and should be managed there.
Shifts Rules tab:
Shifts Rules allows you to control registrations constrains, cancellation constrains and reminder emails. You can allow the volunteer to sign in to only one shift or more.
Data Collection tab:
Volunteer Info: Select the fields that you want to collect data from the volunteers.
Registration Options: Choose what skills and interests fields the volunteers need to complete.
PTM Options: Choose what Protecting the Mission options the volunteers need to complete.
Verify that you have the right Kettle location.
Add necessary documents here.
Post Registration tab:
What would you like to say to the user after they register for your volunteer opportunity?
All the users at your location have rights for your opportunity.
You can share unpublished opportunities with users. You can also preview your opportunity in a web browser before publishing it by using the URL link provided.
1. Select Publish Opportunity to Web if you are ready to publish your opportunity or select Save if you are not ready to publish.