Android, Outlook, MFA and the native mail client
With the implementation of MFA (Mufti-factor Authentication) setting up the Android native mail client, or the Gmail application, with Outlook for Office 365 got a bit more complicated. To do it you need to set up an App Password and use that for the authentication credential.
Create an App Password
1. From a computer, log into https://home.usawest.org with your domain credentials.
2. In the upper right-hand corner of the browser window, click your avatar and select My account.
3. On the left navigation pane, select Security & privacy.
4. Expand Additional security verification.
5. Select Create and manage app passwords.
6. In the Security Info page, Select Add method.
7. Select App password for the method, and select Add.
8. Enter a name for this App password, then click next. E.g. “Outlook365”
9. A password will be created and presented for you. Copy this password and keep it someplace secure – you will not be shown the password again.
Set up your Office 365 account on your Android device.
1. In the Android System settings, scroll to Accounts and click Add Account
2. Select Exchange and Office 365.
3. Enter your Salvation Army email address and press Next. E.g. William.Booth@usw.salvationarmy.org
4. Enter the app password created earlier.
5. If you receive a redirect request, select OK.
6. Change the server from usw.salvationarmy.org to “outlook.office365.com”
7. Ensure port is 443, and security type is SSL\TLS.
8. Select Next.
9. You will be prompted to allow Device Admin privileges. You will have to accept these.