Outlook - Rules and Forwarding
How to check and cleanup your inbox Rules and your email Forwarding, especially if your logon credentials have been compromised.
A. Check your mailbox for weird Rules.
Most people don't use rules, some use one or two. Hackers will mash the keyboard with random letters to give it a name. Example Djklh or poij.
Hackers will use these rules to hide replies or to keep you from being alerted that you may be compromised.
1. Go to the TSA Home page (https://home.usawest.org) and select the app launcher icon on the top-left of the page, and then select Outlook.
2. Select Settings (gear icon).
3. Type inbox rules in the search field.
4. Remove any suspicious entries.
Note: If you need to remove a Rule, select to highlight it, and then press the trash (trash can) icon.
5. Press Save if you made any changes.
B. Check Forwarding for weird entries.
1. While you are in settings, under Accounts, select Forwarding.
2. Make sure no forwarding address is listed.