Once you have completed setting up the Kettle software for the current campaign year, you can start creating your Kettle opportunity in the Volunteer Management software so volunteers will see your opportunities online.
How to create a new Kettle opportunity in Volunteer Management.
1. Select Opportunities.
2. Select New Opportunity.
3. Select Kettle Opportunity from the Opportunity Type field and press Next.
4. Read a list of items that you need to have done in Kettle before starting the Kettle Volunteer Opportunity then press Next.
Note: If there is something missing, you can stop and go back to Kettle to do the changes.
5. Select the command, unit, default job and campaing year for this Kettle opportunity then press Next.
6. Select the locations for this opportunity then press Finish.
7. Go through all the tabs to finish setting up your opportunity.
Main Info tab:
Note: You do not have to edit this tab except for making sure the information is correct.
1. Place a check mark in the Active field.
2. Review the title for your opportunity (required field).
3. Review the time-frame, specific dates or ongoing (required field).
4. Review the description.
5. Press Save.
Who Should Come tab:
1. Place a checkmark on the people that are good fit for this Kettle opportunity.
2. Type a restriction if any.
Contact Info tab:
It is important to have the correct name of the person that should be contacted for this opportunity.
These locations have already been imported from Kettle. You can import additional locations or remove locations as well.
Shifts come from Kettle and should be managed there.
Shifts Rules tab:
Shifts Rules allows you to control registrations constrains, cancellation constrains and reminder emails. You can allow the volunteer to sign in to only one shift or more.
Data Collection tab:
Volunteer Info: Select the fields that you want to collect data from the volunteers.
Registration Options: Choose what skills and interests fields the volunteers need to complete.
PTM Options: Choose what Protecting the Mission options the volunteers need to complete.
Custom Questions tab:
You can add questions if they are needed. You can ask questions like do you have any special needs while standing at the kettle?
You can decide which standard waivers to use, and you can create your own custom waivers too.
Add necessary documents here.
You can chose what interest to link your opportunity with.
Define how groups should be handled for this opportunity.
Post Registration tab:
What would you like to say to the user after they register for your volunteer opportunity?
Verify that you have the right Kettle location.
Select other users that you want to allow to see and modify this opportunity.
You can share unpublished opportunities with users. You can also preview your opportunity in a web browser before publishing it by using the URL link provided.
Mileage range for Kettle opportunities use 50 miles as default value which can't be changed.
Do you want to allow new registrations once all future shifts are full?
Do you want to allow new registrations once capacity is reached?
1. Select Publish Opportunity to Web if you are ready to publish your opportunity or select Save if you are not ready to publish.