How to create a new blank opportunity in Volunteer Management.
1. Select Opportunities.
2. Select New Opportunity.
3. Select Blank Opportunity from the Opportunity Type field and press Next button.
4. Go through all the tabs to build your opportunity, starting with the Main Info tab.
Main Info tab:
1. Type a title for your opportunity in the Main Title field (required field).
2. Specify the timeframe, specific dates or ongoing (required field).
3. Enter a description.
4. Press Save.
Who Should Come tab:
1. Place a checkmark on the people that are a good fit for this opportunity.
2. Type a restriction if any.
Contact Info tab:
1. Enter the name of the person that should be contacted for this opportunity.
2. Select if you want to be copy on the registration confirmation emails.
3. Select if you want notifications when someone cancels their registration.
4. Select if you want notifications when someone updates their volunteer assignment selection.
1. Select Add to add a location.
2. Enter all required information for the location.
3. Select Save and New to add more locations or Save and Done to go back.
1. Select Add to add a shift.
2. Select if you want to show this shift on the web.
3. Select if this shift is a waiting list.
4. Enter a description.
5. Enter location and dates.
6. Enter the number of volunteer slots.
7. Enter a Reporting Name (optional field).
Shifts Rules tab:
1. Select if you want volunteers to select only one shift per person.
2. Read the description for the rules and make your selection.
Data Collection tab:
1. Select the fields that you want to collect data from the volunteers.
Custom Questions tab:
1. Select Add to add a question you want to ask your volunteers.
Waivers tab :
You can decide which standard waivers to use, and you can create your own custom waivers too.
Add necessary documents here.
You can chose what interest to link your opportunity with.
1. Select the type of groups that you want to define for this opportunity.
a. No Groups
b. Volunteers can register for a group and tell you how many people they are bringing.
c. Volunteers can select a group that you create.
Post Registration tab:
1. Enter a message that volunteers will see after the registration process.
1. List your command and unit.
Select other users that you want to allow to see and modify this opportunity.
1. You have the option to copy the URL link and share it online.
2. Select the mileage range for your opportunity.
3. Enter registration conditions.
4. Select Publish Opportunity to Web if you are ready to publish your opportunity.
5. Select Save if you are not ready to publish.