CARE - Officer Moves
CARE - Corporate Card Accountability and Reimbursement of Expenses
WHEN MOVES OF APPOINTMENT HAPPEN:
• A new corporate card is NOT issued – the card moves with the Officer or Employee (aka Spender).
• THQ will move the Spender in CHASE so that data fed to CARE is up to date and billed properly to the appropriate division. The date of this change for June Officer moves is July 1st unless otherwise communicated to Marcia Koonce.
• A Spender’s expenses from Chase will only show for the Division their defaults are set to in AgilePoint. The defaults there act like a “filter” so that only what is set there is what is seen.
PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW AT THE DIVISION AND BY THE SPENDER:
• The sending Division should communicate extra reminders and take other action as needed to ensure that the Officer or Employee leaving their Division has completed outstanding items in CARE prior to departure or very soon thereafter.
• The Spender completes the coding for the “old” appointment/location prior to the change of defaults in Agile Point to the “new” appointment.
• These changes to defaults can be made by either the Spender or the RECEIVING division to provide the default Fund and Department for coding, as well as the Division.
• As the Sending Division, please proactively communicate with the Receiving Division finance teams at transition time so that changeover time is appropriate.
• If the defaults in Agile Point are changed too soon they can be changed back as needed.
• The spender may contact Finance staff or Help Center with concern that they “don’t see” their expense items in CARE (AgilePoint). Key staff in Finance can assist them by changing it for them or helping them to change it themselves.
• Note Regarding moves within the same Division: this type of appointment change is far less problematic. Defaults for Fund and Department will still need change but not the Division of course, and there should be no issues of “unseen” expense items.
• Moves of officers OUTSIDE the Territory:
• If moving to another US Territory the card will simply be cancelled as of move date.
• If going Overseas with oversight from Western Territory Personnel office, then the officer may obtain special permission from Personnel to retain the Chase Credit card. In such cases THQ Finance will move the officer at Chase to under THQ.