Chat in Skype for Business
Applies To: Skype for Business Skype for Business for Windows and Mac.
Find and add a contact
Connect with anybody in our organization, or with any of your friends who have Skype accounts.
1. On the Contacts tab, in the Find someone box, type a name or email address.
2. In the search results, right-click the person you want to add, and select Add to Contacts List.
3. Select the contact group you want to add the person to, if you have contact groups set up.
When you add a person to your contact list, they receive a notification. External contacts must accept your invitation before you can see their availability.
Start an Instant Message (IM)
1. On the Contacts tab, point to a contact's picture, and then select Send an IM.
Tip: You can also right-click and select Send an IM.
2. Type your message.
3. Select Send icon or press Enter.