What is the Soldier Portal?
The Soldier Portal is a secure, password protected website that allows corps members to see what’s happening at their corps, manage their personal information, and connect with other corps members via an online directory. We also allow corps members to see a history of their attendance and stewardship, view the People Count and troop journal entries, and browse a list of corps support staff.
The Soldier Portal can’t be accessed without a user name and password. At this time, the corps officer or office manager must explicitly grant access to each corps member before they can get into the web site.
Managing Soldier Portal Access
1. Make sure your contact info is up to date
Click on the My User Profile button and make sure your contact information is correct. We use this information in our welcome email to the corps member.
2. Grant Access to the Soldier Portal
Open the person’s record in the Corps Management software, and click on the new Web Account tab at the very bottom of the left navigation bar.
In the screen that comes up, type in the person’s email address, and click the big Create a web account button.
The software generates a welcome email like the one above and sends it to the corps member. The corps member can use the information in this email to access their own personal soldier portal.
Manage Access to the Soldier Portal
Once the web account is created, you can manage their account using the same tab. All of the actions you can perform are shown as links.
Keep in mind that if you remove the person from your roll by putting an end date on their enrollment record, they will lose access to the Soldier Portal.
If you need to support this user if they are having technical difficulties, you can log into the Soldier Portal using their account via the second link in the list. Once in the Soldier Portal, you can see what they see and will be in a better position to help them.
Notes and ideas
1. This is a BETA release of the software. We don’t expect many bugs, but you never know. Please be patient and let us know what you find by sending a note to the service desk.
2. We are wide open to feedback. See something that could be better, let us know by sending a note to the service desk.
3. We highly recommend giving yourself access to the soldier portal before giving access to anybody else. It is your data in the web site, and you may have to do some cleanup before sharing the portal with corps members.
4. Everything on this web site comes directly from the corps management software including meetings, support staff, attendance, stewardship, the directory, and the corps journal. If something doesn’t look right, you have the power to fix it!
5. The corps officers should be enrolled in the corps as a soldier, and then given a commission of “Corps Officer”. That way you will be included in your directory.
6. The corps journal comes from both People Count stories and the troop news reports.
7. If you don’t want somebody showing up in the directory, you can manage that in corps management as well using the new Directory Module.