Request for Payment
Requests for payments to vendors are forwarded to DHQ/THQ. When requesting payments for invoices, perform the following:
- Submit a cover letter with the appropriate reference information.
- Allow time for processing.
Note: DHQ does not prepare checks daily.
- Send the original invoices.
Note: DHQ/THQ require the original invoices in order to prepare a check.
Note: If the original copy is not sent, the payment will be delayed.
- If the corps paid the invoice, and a request for reimbursement is submitted, a copy of the invoice indicating the check number is acceptable.
Note: The copy of the invoice is required to be clear and legible.
Note: A copy of the check may also be requested by DHQ/THQ.
- The check will be returned to the local office for distribution to the vendor.
- In major purchases (e.g., buildings) THQ requests wiring instructions for payment to a title company.
The cover letter is required to include the following information:
- Purpose of the payment.
- Photocopy of the THQ Project Authorization.
- Indication that work is complete.
- Indication that work is completed to the satisfaction of the Corps officer.
- Indicate if this is partial or final payment.
- Document each invoice separately.
Forward the request for payment to the Divisional Secretary.
Note: Addressing the request to the Finance Secretary may delay payment.