Questions for Contractors
The following questions and requests are required to be asked and received by the Contractor:
- Obtain their name, address, and phone number.
- Obtain their State or Local builder's license number.
- Obtain their Social Security or Federal identification number.
- Can you obtain a construction bond?
Note: Receiving a construction bond is required for all projects.
- Can you provide Construction Liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.
Note: Construction Liability insurance is required for all projects.
- Can you provide Workman's Compensation insurance for your workman?
Note: Workman's Compensation insurance is required for all projects.
- How long have you been in business under the current name?
- Can you handle financing the project pending timely payments?
Note: It usually takes 10 working days to process the request for payment.
- Are you a member of any builder's associations?
- Can you provide a financial report to examine assets and liabilities if requested?
Note: Providing financial reports and liabilities helps in determining financial stability of the company.
- Have you reviewed the plans?
- Do you accept that the building can be constructed as presented by the architect?
Note: The contractor is required to be willing to erect the building without submitting change orders for the items overlooked in his bidding process.
- Can you provide a list of clients for reference?
- If your bid is accepted, can you provide the name and phone numbers of the sub-contractors?