Purchase and Sale of Property
When considering purchasing or selling a property, consider the following:
- Working with a licensed Relator/Agent/Broker is highly recommended.
- Purchase and Sale Agreements can be signed at the Divisional level during the negotiation process with the proper verbiage as outlined in the policy and procedures.
- During the due diligence, a home inspection is required.
- A Phase 1 Environmental Assessment is required for vacant land, property exposed to hazardous materials, or environmental concerns.
Areas of Concern
The following areas are of concern:
- Donated property.
- Potential hazards (e.g., underground storage tanks, contaminated soil).
- Do not sign any documents relating to the donation of property.
- Consult with the Divisional office.