Request for Authorization to Purchase Form
This form is generally submitted to the Divisional Finance Department for authorization to purchase furnishings and equipment. If furnishings or equipment are included in a construction project, this form is forwarded to the Divisional Secretary and to the THQ Property Department. Include the following:
- List the items and the amount.
- Indicate the vendor that the items will be purchased from.
- Include a brief description of the items.
- Include photos, catalogs, or brochures if unusual or greater detail is required for approval.
- Indicate each vendor on a separate form.
Note: Do not order the furnishing or equipment or schedule a delivery until the approval is received.
Note: If furnishing or equipment is ordered prior to approval, it may result in personal cost or be charged to local funds.
Note: If this purchase is part of a construction project, the source of the funding is required to be processed through the appropriate councils.
Note: The form is required to receive THQ endorsement if the furnishings are funded from capital funds.
Note: If the furnishing or equipment exceeds the amount in the Policy and Procedures section, THQ is required to endorse the requisition even though funding is from local sources.
Note: DHQ and THQ are required to approve the requisition.