Questions for Architects Corps Projects
The following questions and requests are required to be asked and received by the Architect:
- Provide an overview of past experience.
- Provide a list of similar projects so we can see the quality and style of his work?
- What projects have you completed in this area?
- Have you designed any community or church facilities?
Note: Asking this questions helps determine if the architect has the type of design experience required for this project.
- Are you familiar with the needs and programs (e.g., chapel, multi-purpose rooms, offices, classrooms, welfare food storage, seasonal item storage, bookkeeping office, room for central computer) of The Salvation Army?
- What is your opinion of the site selected?
- Would our proposed plan be workable in your opinion?
- What part do you see the architect playing during construction?
Note: The architect has responsibility to see that the building is constructed in accordance with the plans to the standards specified.
Note: Architects are required to walk the project on a bi-weekly basis.
- What projects have you designed that have been within the original estimate cost of construction?
- Can you provide a list of clients for reference?