Property Proposal Form for Quarters Requirements
The following is required information for the Property Proposal form for quarters:
- Map of the location of the new property to existing facilities.
- Plot Plan.
- Floor Plan of the proposed quarters.
- Room sizes that are required.
- If furnishing is required, include in the funding scheme.
- Descriptive and clear color photos of the property and surroundings (e.g., neighborhood, sides of the house, interior views).
Note: Photos are required to be attached to a sheet of plain letter size paper with a description.
Note: The photos are circulated to the Territorial Property Council.
- Advisory Board and Corps Council minutes.
Note: The Property Secretary only presents complete submissions to the Property Council.
- All signatures that are required on page 7 of the Property Proposal Form for Quarters.
New Quarter-Commonly Denied Features
When considering a new quarter, the following features typically cause a new quarter to be denied approval:
- Swimming pool.
- Hot tubs.
- Two floors.
- Corner houses.
- Houses with Arterial streets.
- Power transmitters.
- Drainage canals.
- Heating issues.
- Air conditioning issues.
- Plumbing issues.
- Roof issues.
To propose the purchase of a quarters, communicate with Command Leadership. If Command Leadership endorses the proposal, proceed to seek approval to sell the existing quarters. The proposal to sell is required to include a market analysis to establish the proposed sale price. Perform the following:
- Submit the proposal to purchase the new quarters to the Property Committee of the Advisory Board and Corps Council.
Note: All information about the project (e.g., funding provision, furnishing) is required to be referenced in the proposal.
- If received favorably, submit the Property Proposal form for quarters.
Square Footage Requirements
Territorial policy states that each quarter is required to have a minimum of 3 bedrooms and a den or 4 bedrooms. The minimum square footage is required to be 2,500 square feet. The square footage of a proposed quarters is established by one of the following:
- The Relator's "print-out" stating the square footage.
- Outside dimensions of the property excluding the garage.
- A floor plan indicating the dimensions of each individual room and area inside of the house.
Note: The square footage is the livable space (e.g., rooms, closets, wash rooms, hallways, unfinished basements, utility rooms).
Note: In regards to square footage the only allowable exclusion is the garage.