Construction, Renovation, and Repairs
Below are additional considerations to keep in mind when consider construction, renovation, and repairs:
- Comparable bids.
- Same materials.
- Quality of workmanship.
- Licensed Contractor.
- License is in good standing, available online, varies by state.
- Hazardous materials testing may be required.
Areas of Concern
The following are possible areas of concern:
- Each project potentially requires hazardous materials testing.
- Each project is required to include a completed HMPN form.
- Donated materials.
- Volunteer labor.
- Unacceptable bids (e.g., too low, too fast).