As legacy systems are retired, their features have been added to Others. To access the Location Configuration feature, perform the following:
- Select Administration.
- Select Location Configuration.
- When the next window populates, select the desired program to configure.
- Select the Main tab, and update the applicable fields.
Note: You facility type is "Family Services."
- Select the Vendors tab and update the applicable fields.
- By updated the Max Voucher Amount field, you are setting a limit on how much funds can be allocated to a specific voucher/assistance.
Note: Many users utilize the Max Voucher Amount field to help manager the budgets for their location.
- Select the Programs tab to manage the programs for your location.
Note: Within the Programs tab, the follow tabs are available: Main, Christmas, HMIS, Assistances.
Note: Information regarding the Christmas tab will not be presented here.
- Within the Programs tab, select the Main tab.
- Enter the appropriate information in the available fields.
Note: If your location utilizes barcode scan cards, the address entered in these fields will populate on the cards that are issued.
Note: Some locations choose to utilize an alternate address in these fields or leave the address fields blank.
- If applicable, select the Show the "Ethnic Origin" field" check box.
Note: The Show the "Ethnic Origin" field function is primarily utilized in locations in Hawaii for state level reporting reasons.
- Select the HMIS tab.
- Update the FPIS Code field.
- Update the Facility Code field.
- Update the Continuum Code.
Note: HMIS is an acronym for Homeless Management Information System.
Note: The information entered in the FPIS Code, Facility Code, and Continuum Code fields is utilized to transfer HMIS data to vendor-specific platforms utilized by your CoC (Continuum of Care).
Note: As of this publication, Others is built to a 2.7 HMIS XML Schema.
- Select the Assistances tab to add, edit, or inactivate assistances.
- Update the Assistance Name field.
- Update the NSS Line Code field.
- Update the HMIS Service Type field.
- Update the Default Vendor field.
- Update the Default Value field.
- To include the corresponding assistance in the Quick Assistance List, select the Include this assistance in the Quick assistance list check box.
- If necessary, impose a monthly or lifetime limit on an assistance.
Note: Many locations impose monthly and lifetime limits on assistances to help manage their budgets.
Note: Many locations assign a corresponding year when creating lifetime limits (e.g., Housing Vouchers 2011). Subsequently, the location retires the lifetime limit when the correlating fiscal year ends and then creates a new lifetime limit to reflect the budget for the following year.
Note: Monthly limits can vary from month to month.
Note: Do not delete a retired assistance. Instead mark retired assistances inactive.