Creating Income Range by Family Size Values
By utilizing Income Range by Family Size, you are able to quantify the sizes of the families served by your site that fall into prescribed income brackets. For this report, family size is determined by the number of individuals within each family. To create a category, perform the following:
- Select Administration.
- Select Reporting.
- Select Income Ranges by Family Size.
- When the following window populates, select Edit Income Categories.
- When the following window populates, select Add.
- Enter the desired range.
Note: For this example, 130% was utilized, since it is generally the cutoff for foodstamp eligibility.
- When the following window populates, reference the poverty guidelines table directly below.
- In the Family Size field, enter 1.
- In the Start Income field, enter 0.
- For the End Income field, perform the following:
- Reference the value in the poverty guidelines table for corresponding family size.
- Multiple that value by the percentage in the Category field.
Note: In the example provided, you would multiple $10,890 x 130% to reach 14,157.
- Continue created income ranges for all available family sizes in the poverty table.
Note: In the example, we have created a report that will indicate, within a specified date range, how many families of each corresponding size are available for foodstamp assistance in our designated service area.