Processing Returns and Refunds
Customer returns for store credit or refunds are approved at manager discretion. Perform the following to process a return or refund:
- Select the Refund button.
- Select the Originating Register button.
- Enter the Transaction number from the receipt (e.g., 25-5-1-7893, 220.127.116.1193).
- Press the Find Sale button.
Note: The Returned Merchandise screen appears.
- Double-click the item(s) to be returned.
- Select the Next button.
- Select the item to refund and the type of refund (e.g., cash, credit card, gift card).
Note: Store credit is monitored manually.
- Select the amount to be returned.
- Select the Finish button.
- If a cash transaction, the customer is required to sign and write their phone number on the receipt that prints.
Note: A new transaction number is generated.
Note: Credit card transaction do not require the customer to re-swipe their original card, the refund amount is automatically returned to the original card.
- If a credit card payment, the credit card being used by the customer might only be approved for a limited amount of funds that is less than the total sale, ask the customer to collect the remaining balance on a different payment type.