Processing a Credit Card Sale
To process a cash sale, perform the following:
- Verify you are still logged in.
- Select the Category button for the item you are going to sell.
Note: A sublist of items appear.
- Select the particular item you are ringing up.
- Select the Add button.
Note: The Add button appears on the right side of the screen with the price of the item.
- Select the Pay Now button.
- Select the Credit Card button.
- Enter the amount owed by the customer and select the Enter button.
Note: The screen prompts you to enter the amount you received from the customer.
- Confirm with the customer they are paying with a credit card.
- Ask the customer to swipe their credit card.
Note: The MX credit card device also asks the customer to swipe their card.
Note: Once the customer has swiped their card, the device verifies the amount being charged to the card.
- Ask the customer to select Yes or No, as necessary.
Note: If the customer selects No, the transaction is declined.
Note: Once the verification occurs, a charge slip prints.
Note: Once verified, the card device indicates if the card was approved.
- Once verified, ask the customer to sign the receipt.
- Hand the customer their receipt.
- Bag the merchandise and hand it to the customer.
- Say "Thank you".
- Place the signed copy of the receipt in the left side of the drawer.
Note: The signed receipt in the drawer will be collected at the close of business.