Invoice Ingestion Email Address Overview
- The AP Workflow Application receives invoices in the following manner:
- Utilizes one of several alias available, emails are sent to email@example.com.
- Based on the associated alias, a copy of the email is copied to the designated folder.
- An Azure Logic App is triggered each time a new email is received.
- The logic app calls the Ingest route of the AP Workflow API, passing in the message ID.
- The API utilizes the O365 REST APIs to locate the email utilizing the message ID.
- The API then utilizes the conversation ID to locate the copy of the email in the folder.
- The API then utilizes the folder name to map the email to a record in the [Utilities].[dbo].[APEmailMap] table on USWCLDSHLO2.
- The API utilizes the mapped table data to upload the corresponding email's attachment to SharePoint, stamping it with the appropriate meta-data.
- Finally, the API deletes the original email in the inbox and leaves a copy of the message in the folder.
- To create a new ingestion email, perform the following steps:
- Create a mapping in the [Utilities].[dbo].[APEmailMap] table on USWCLDSHLO2.
- Add an email alias to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a matching folder for the new alias in the svc.invoicescans mail file.
- Create a rule to copy messages with the corresponding alias into the new folder.
NOTE: Emails can not be flagged as High Importance as that prevents the ingestion process from working.