Printing Bar Codes on Printable Labels
Creating printable labels is a common practice by locations that want to attach bar codes to existing ID cards. To print bar codes onto printable labels, perform the following:
- Obtain printable labels that fit the 5160 template (30 labels per page).
Note: Many locations utilize Avery brand labels.
- Navigate to the client's General tab and select ENABLE, located next to the Bar Code ID field.
- When the appropriate window populates, select Use default bar code.
- Select Save.
- Select the Print icon.
- When the following window populates, select Print the bar code only onto an Avery 5160 label template.
- Select Next.
- When the following window populates, select a number that corresponds to an available label.
- Enter the number in the Enter a label number field.
- Select Print Bar Code.
- Affix the bar code to the ID card.
- Test the bar code by scanning it.