Entering Information for Homeless Clients
When entering information for an individual who is homeless, perform the following:
- Select the Homeless check box.
Note: When the Homeless check box is selected, the Street Address field for the individual will disappear.
Note: Depending on your CoC, HMIS data regarding homelessness may automatically be transferred to vendor-specific software utilized by the CoC or HUD-related funding source.
- As necessary, reference the following federal guidelines regarding homelessness:
- An individual who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence.
- An individual who has a primary nighttime residence that is:
- A supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations (including welfare hotels, congregated shelters, and transitional housing for mentally ill).
- An institution that provides temporary residence for individuals intended to be institutionalized.
- A public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings.
- To print or save information in the Household Summary window, perform the following:
- Select the View Summary Report link.
- After you have saved or printed the information, close the window.
Note: Others will automatically navigate back to the Main Household Screen