The Problem Steps Recorder automatically captures the steps on your computer, a text description of where you clicked, and a screenshot. To record and save steps on your computer, perform the following:
Anything you type is not recorded.
Utilize the comments feature to capture steps that require to be typed.
- Select the Start button
- Type PSR.
- Select PSR.
- Select Start Record.
- Reproduce the problem on your computer.
You can pause the recording at any time and resume at any time.
- Select Stop Record.
- In the Save As dialog box, type a name for the file.
- Select Save.
The file will be saved as a zip file name extension.
- To view the steps you recorded, perform the following:
- Open the zip file you just saved.
- Double-click the file.
The document opens in the browser.
Sending the Problem Steps in an E-mail
To send the problem steps in an e-mail, perform the following:
- Select the help down arrow.
- Select Send to E-mail recipient.
Selecting Send to E-mail recipient will open an e-mail in your default e-mail program.
You won't be able to click Send to e-mail recipient option till you've recorded and saved a file.