To connect to a projector or monitor with Windows 7 or 10, perform the following:
- Verify the projector or monitor is turned on.
- Plug the projector or monitor cable into the appropriate video port on your computer.
Projectors utilize VGA or DVI cables.
- Open the Control Panel by clicking the Start button.
- Select Control Panel.
- In the search box, perform one of the following:
- Type projector, and then select Connect to a projector.
- Press the windows logo key + P.
- Select how you would like your desktop displayed:
- Computer only-Displays only on your common screen.
- Duplicate-Displays your desktop on both your computer screen and a projector.
- Extend-Extends your desktop from your computer screen to a projector.
- Projector only-Displays your desktop only on a projector.