Some of the basic features of the libraries in Windows 7 are listed below:
- Default libraries: the four default libraries are Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos.
- Additional libraries may be created.
- Sorting: items within a library may be sorting by utilizing the Arrange by option in the library pane.
- Folders: Libraries gather content from various files folders.
- These folders are also referred to as library locations.
- Default save locations: The default save location dictates where a file will be stored when it is copied, moved, or saved.
- This location may be modified.