To utilize Kettle software, setup the following:
- The Annual Campaign.
- The Control Record for your Corps.
Annual Campaign Setup
To add a new Annual Campaign, perform the following:
The "Campaign Adder" screen appears.
- Enter the year.
- Enter when the Campaign starts.
- Enter when the Campaign ends.
- Check the box to include Sundays in the Campaign.
To set up the Control Record, perform the following:
- Click the Control Record button from the System Tool Switchboard.
The majority of the system defaults come from the Control Record.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Unit Name.
- Zip Code.
- Telephone Number.
- Commanding Officer.
- Active Year.
The Active year field is required to be set correctly.
- Default Wage.
- Default Area Code.
- Cash Recording Mode.
- If you have used Kettle Worker in previous years, validate that the Active Year is correct in the Control Record
The Corps information shows up on the top of many Reports which is printed later.
The Default Wage and Area Code makes data entry quicker for common items.
To configure Kettle software to direct volunteers from Volunteer software to assist with Kettle ringing, perform the following:
- Setup the current campaign.
- Setup the current year in the Control Record.
- Set the Allow Web Volunteers in the Control Record.
- Set the shifts to allow Web Volunteers.
- Set the location to allow Web Volunteers.
The Volunteer software allows you to add a Kettle ringing opportunity.