Ocularis 5.x - Client Quick Reference Guide
1. Double-click the “Ocularis Client” shortcut on your desktop. Alternatively, locate the shortcut in Start —> All Programs —> OnSSI —> Ocularis Client.
2. Login with your standard Windows account credentials and the following settings:
Optionally, check the “Store Last Login” box to save the information.
3. Move the mouse to the top left corner of the screen, to the right of the Ocularis icon. You will see the menu bar appear.
4. Click Views, then look for your site’s name in the list that appears. Expand the arrows until you see the list of camera views available. Click a view to display cameras.
5. To view an individual camera full screen, click anywhere in the camera label bar.
6. To view archived video footage, click “Browse”.
7. There are 2 ways to navigate to archived footage.
A. Click and drag the time at the bottom of the screen to the appropriate date and
time. This is useful to view recent events.
B. Click the clock icon in the bottom left corner. This displays a date and time
window. Click and drag (up or down) the year, month, day, hour, and/or minute
individually to browse to the archived video footage.
Export Segments of Video
8. Select the camera you want to export video of by following step #5 on page 1.
9. Use the Start and Stop marker buttons to mark the appropriate sections of
video to export.
10. After setting the start and stop markers, you will see a yellow highlighted section of
the marked video footage on the timeline.
11. Click Export on the top menu bar.
12. Click the “Database Format” button.
13. In the “Export to Database Format” window, select an export path to save the video
to, type a filename for the video footage, select the appropriate cameras you
want to export, then click Export.
14. To check on the progress of the export, click “Jobs” on the top menu bar and you
will see a progress bar and percentage complete.
Bookmark Video from One or More Cameras
Retention of video footage on the server is typically set to between 14 and 30 days. If you need to save video footage past the set retention time, you must Bookmark the appropriate section.
15. Follow steps 8-11 in the previous section to set the start and stop markers for exporting video.
16. Click the “Create Bookmark” button.
17. Optionally enter tag words to reference the video footage. Enter a brief comment of the event your are bookmarking. You can bookmark video footage from all cameras or selected cameras for the time period you have selected.
18. Click Submit.
View Bookmarked Video
19. On the top menu bar, click Views —> Tools —> Bookmarks.
20. You will see two Hotspot windows on the top half of the window and a list of all bookmarked videos below.
21. Under the thumbnail section, click the thumbnail picture of the video and wait a few seconds. The video will appear in the Hotspot window. You can play the video and optionally export this video to AVI File as well.